Welcome to the new and (hopefully) improved Curious Miss Kris!
It seems as though 2012 is the year for change, so many things happening already, and so i’m making some changes of my own. The blog has a new look that I think is more ‘me’. I can do this now because I’m finally starting to get an idea of who ‘me’ is.
Up until recently i’ve basically been a chameleon (not quite as cute as Pascal) changing who I am to fit in with my surroundings and peers, which isn’t always a bad thing, but I never really knew who ‘I’ was. No more.
As well as changing the blog I have also changed myself. Nothing too dramatic, just a haircut, but still it is one more thing that is more ‘me’.
A new year also calls for new resolutions and reflection on the year that has been. My biggest lessons from 2011 were:
1. It’s ok to not be good at everything.
2. Truth and honesty are always good, but only if it is coming from a place of love.
3. I like to travel, but I love Australia and i’m grateful to be able to call it home
4. Life’s too short to not have fun, even if people think think you’re crazy because of it. Better to be crazy and happy than serious and bored.
My resolutions for 2012 are:
1. To listen to, trust and stay true to myself.
2. Save as much money as possible.
3. Get outside more.
4. Blog at least once a week.
My 2012 motto…
What’s a motto?
Nothing, what’s a motto with you?
(sorry, couldn’t help myself)
…is ‘braver, stronger, smarter’ which is an adapted version of the Winnie The Pooh quote-
Promise me you’ll always remember, you’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
Here’s to an exciting 2012.